- GlaxoSmithKline takes first step to making drugs more affordable in low-income countries.
- The growing problem of diabetes world-wide: “the cost of diabetes worldwide is $825 billion a year, with half of all cases coming from China, India, Brazil, Indonesia and USA.”
- Rival scientists collaborate to fight the spread of the Zika virus by mosquitos.
- Drugs on demand: “A fridge-sized machine can produce multiple pharmacy-quality medicines on demand in hours, and could make drug supply chains more resistant to disruption.”
- Could smartphone apps be the next step for supporting those with mental health?
- Chicago artists and musicians to organize an event to raise money to improve mental health resources.
- Governor creates a new state task force to eliminate healthcare waste.
- Male vitamin D deficiency may be a risk factor for prostate cancer.
- Centegra Health System could join the Northwestern health system.
- Northwestern offers a new graduate degree in Reproductive Science and Medicine.
Brian Cheng, B.A. Student at Northwestern University
Photo by Pixabay via Pexels: Creative Commons