By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- Podoconiosis outbreak in Uganda caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil, rather than worms.
- Yellow fever outbreak in rural Brazil continues to grow.
- China is concerned that more people have died from bird flu this season than any other season since its discovery.
- A panel of experts has proposed that older men should discuss the pros and cons of prostate cancer screening with their doctor.
- The CDC has reported that thousands of people continue to die each year from a cancer linked to asbestos, despite federal regulations.
- Childhood cases of type 2 diabetes are on the rise along with childhood obesity.
- The FDA has stated that St. Jude Medical downplayed the battery problems in their defibrillators.
- Recent Northwestern Medicine study reports the quality of life of women following mastectomy and different forms of breast reconstruction.