By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- An inexpensive drug has been shown to reduce postpartum hemorrhage deaths in developing countries.
- German scientists at Oktoberfest find irregular heart rhythms in moderate social drinkers.
- The FDA recently strengthened warnings against the use of two painkillers in children and nursing mothers.
- Recent study suggests associations between drinking diet soda and risk of stroke and dementia.
- Serious and fatal cases of malaria may be more common in the U.S. than previously estimated by the CDC.
- Experts at Rush University Medical Center helped develop a diet to boost brain health.
- Local food allergy researcher comments on the potential for an allergy-free peanut in the near future.
- Northwestern Medicine study finds that positive affect improves health in people recently diagnosed with HIV.