By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- Study on Chinese adults suggests that consuming fresh fruit may reduce the risk for diabetes and its complications.
- Broad misunderstanding of how yellow fever spreads may worsen the outbreak in Brazil as people blame and hunt monkeys.
- The CDC reported that black Americans are living longer, further narrowing the gap in death rates.
- Recent study suggests brain deterioration and memory deficits associated with diabetes.
- Team approaches in the clinic help encourage hypertension patients to make lifestyle changes.
- A measles outbreak in Minnesota may worsen due to unfounded fears of vaccination in Somali-American communities.
- Study by the University of Illinois at Chicago finds that alternate-day fasting is no more effective than calorie restriction for weight loss.
- Northwestern Medicine study suggests that people who reach middle age with optimal heart health live longer and healthier lives.