By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- Report for all countries shows that the United States has much room for improvement in measure of global mortality.
- The World Health Organization has elected their first director general from Africa.
- Study finds that high-fiber diets are associated with a reduced risk for knee osteoarthritis.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics now discourages fruit juice for infants under one year of age.
- The CDC has reported an increase in death rates from Alzheimer’s disease over the last 15 years.
- Study of University of Chicago hospital germs may help other hospitals prevent the spread of infections among patients.
- New study co-authored by a Northwestern professor shows the benefits of active surveillance in prostate cancer.
- Two Northwestern professors discuss a new longitudinal cardiovascular risk score to prevent heart disease and stroke.