By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- New European study finds that pregnancy can be considered safe for breast cancer survivors.
- Puerto Rico has announced that their Zika virus epidemic is over.
- The World Health Organization has announced that the number of cholera cases in Yemen has passed 100,000.
- Preliminary data suggests that drug overdose deaths are increasing faster than ever before in recorded U.S. history.
- Longitudinal study suggests an association between chronic pain and an increased risk of dementia.
- Study suggests that Texas has the highest pregnancy-related death rate not just in the United States, but in the developed world.
- The CDC has reported that water births may involve risk of the infant contracting Legionnaires’ disease, stressing the importance of infection prevention.
- A Northwestern University-led research team has developed a material that removes a highly toxic pollutant from drinking water.
- Northwestern scientists and clinicians are using wearable technology in innovative ways for various patient populations.