By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- New study finds that over 10 percent of the world’s population is obese and that excess weight contributed to 4 million deaths in 2015.
- Greek study finds that regular exposure to airport noise may increase risk of high blood pressure.
- Observational study suggests that consuming fish may decrease joint pain and swelling in rheumatoid arthritis.
- The CDC has reported a decline in teen vaping rates.
- The Manhattan health department has announced a small Legionnaires’ outbreak on the Upper East Side.
- Government data shows that there were 1.27 million hospital visits for opioid-related issues in 2014.
- Recently released flu vaccine data shows that it was ineffective for people 65 and older last flu season.
- CDC report suggests that sexual activity among American teens continues to gradually decline.
- Recent Northwestern Medicine study shows that a cancer drug may prevent allergic reactions to cat dander and ragweed.