By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- The cholera epidemic in Yemen continues to spread, with over 269,608 people infected since April.
- The CDC reported that the number of opioid prescriptions has decreased, but there is still a long way to go to stop the painkiller abuse epidemic.
- Analysis by the National Center for Health Statistics showed that the fertility rate in the U.S. reached a record low in 2016.
- New study suggests an association between poor sleep quality and risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Recent study shows that many children are being misdiagnosed as allergic to penicillin.
- New Northwestern Medicine study shows poor reporting of consumer complaints about cosmetic products to the FDA.