By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- The World Heath Organization reported that more than 500,000 people in Yemen have been infected with cholera this year.
- British observational study suggests that children who sleep less may have an increased risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- International study shows that sperm concentration has decreased in men from North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand since 1973.
- Officials from a second Arizona county announce the finding of fleas testing positive for the plague.
- The CDC reported that by 2014 approximately one in every eight Americans over the age of 12 used antidepressants, according to a government survey.
- The CDC reported that teen deaths from drug overdoses increased in 2015, after decreasing for years.
- Northwestern researcher coauthors a study suggesting that poor sleep patterns may partially explain differences in cardiometabolic disease risk between African-Americans and European-Americans.