By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- New study suggests that an anti-inflammatory drug may lower the risk of having a heart attack.
- The FDA has approved the first gene therapy for children and young adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- The number of deaths in the United States involving fentanyl has increased 540% over the last three years.
- New study suggests that breast-feeding for longer may reduce the risk for endometriosis.
- Recent report suggests that obesity rates may be stabilizing in the United States.
- Northwestern researchers find that an online tool may be useful for predicting premature cardiovascular events in healthy young adults based on their lifestyle.
- Northwestern professor co-authored a study in which a drug was shown to reverse the effects of a common blood-thinner in cases of uncontrollable bleeding or emergency surgery.