By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- A 4-year-old girl died of malaria in Italy, despite Europe being declared malaria-free in 2015.
- Disease-tracking website suggests that infectious mosquitoes are moving into new areas around the world.
- CDC reports that the 2017 bird flu outbreak in China indicates that the virus is evolving.
- The FDA has accused Pfizer of failing to investigate EpiPen malfunctions after receiving multiple complaints.
- Northwestern Medicine study suggests that an injection of nanoparticles may prevent secondary damage following a spinal cord injury.
- New Northwestern Medicine study examines the ingredients and performance of popular moisturizers, which is important for people with eczema or psoriasis.
- Northwestern researchers have identified a cascade involved in Parkinson’s disease and a potential way to prevent neuronal degeneration using an antioxidant.