By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- Madagascar is suffering from a fast-spreading plague outbreak and the World Health Organization has sent 1.2 million doses of antibiotics.
- Two major pharmaceutical companies are working with the American Cancer Society to offer very discounted cancer medicines in Africa.
- American Cancer Society researchers have estimated that there will be over a quarter-million new cases of breast cancer in 2017.
- Public health officials are encouraging people to learn emergency first aid after a shortage of medical workers responded to the Las Vegas shooting.
- Two recent Northwestern studies on egg cells provide some insight into causes of birth defects and miscarriage.