By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- The World Health Organization announced that the plague outbreak in Madagascar appears to be waning.
- Study in Hong Kong finds an association between certain heartburn drugs and an increased risk of gastric cancer.
- The CDC reported a record increase in deaths by drug overdose in the United States from 2015 to 2016.
- Northwestern Medicine study shows that behavioral interventions can effectively reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing by physicians.
- Northwestern professor coauthored an article on the genetic drivers of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, the most common type of blood cancer.
- Northwestern Medicine study on SuperAgers finds that strong social networks are associated with a slower decline in memory and cognitive functioning.