By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- New study suggests that IUDs may reduce the risk of cervical cancer by 30%.
- Experts warn that bird flu is spreading in Asia, with China experiencing its fifth wave of infections since October 2016.
- Study finds that nut consumption may lower the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and coronary heart disease.
- The FDA has issued new guidelines to speed up review of treatments involving human cells and tissues, including gene therapy.
- Researchers in Chicago reported the first case of successfully detecting chronic traumatic encephalopathy in a living patient.
- Northwestern Medicine scientists discovered how a toxic cascade leads to the death of human brain cells in Parkinson’s disease.
- Northwestern researchers develop an effective new way of treating cancer, by targeting the chromatin that allows it to evolve.
- Northwestern molecular bioscientists find that a small amount of stress can be good for cellular health.
- Northwestern Medicine study finds that water baths are as good as bleach baths for people with eczema.
- Northwestern Medicine scientists find that a genetic mutation in an extended Amish family protects against multiple aspects of aging.