By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- Study in Denmark shows that all methods of hormonal birth control, including IUDs, are associated with a slightly elevated risk of breast cancer.
- New study draws attention to the fact that flu pandemics are most likely to appear in spring or summer, rather than during the winter flu season.
- Researchers in London find that mothers’ exposure to air pollution is associated with an increased risk of low birth weight.
- Harvard researchers find an association between women who consume a lot of sugar during pregnancy and an increased risk of asthma in their children.
- In an effort to curb the opioid epidemic, surgeons at the University of Michigan have prescribed 15,000 fewer pills in the last year without patients experiencing negative side effects.