By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- The World Health Organization announced that deaths from measles worldwide have reached a record low.
- Around the world, Guinea worm was almost eradicated until dogs in Chad began spreading the parasite.
- Air pollution, even at levels that the Environmental Protection Agency considers safe, is associated with increased deaths among older adults.
- An integrated pain management program emerges as a promising treatment alternative as the opioid crisis continues in the United States.
- Americans are encouraged to get the flu shot, with at least 36 states already having what the CDC considers widespread influenza activity.