By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- Observational study finds an association between the use of antacids during pregnancy and an increased risk of childhood asthma.
- The CDC announced that the E. coli outbreaks in the United States and Canada tied to leafy greens are likely over.
- Public health officials warn that the already moderately severe flu season in the United States may get worse.
- Northwestern professor has developed the smallest wearable electronic device in the world, meant to monitor exposure to UV light from the sun.
- The executive director of Northwestern University Health Service offered advice on handling the flu season.
- Northwestern professor coauthored a study showing that black and Hispanic patients are less likely than white patients to receive a live donor kidney, and that these racial and ethnic disparities are increasing.