By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- Philadelphia officials announced that they plan to be the first U.S. city to set up drug safe injection sites, since the city has a very high opioid death rate.
- This year’s flu season is now the most intense for the United States since the swine flu pandemic of 2009.
- Public health experts released a report stating that vaping can be addictive, and teenagers who use e-cigarettes may be at an increased risk of smoking.
- Northwestern Medicine clinical trial finds that a combination of three drug therapies improved outcomes for breast cancer patients.
- Northwestern Medicine investigators are working to address healthcare challenges through community-engaged research.