By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- Longitudinal Danish study suggests that having migraine headaches increases a person’s risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Canadian study finds that the risk of a heart attack is six times higher in the week after getting the flu.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that the flu season is getting worse, especially for children.
- Northwestern Medicine scientists uncovered the genetic basis that can lead to congenital glaucoma as well as a possible treatment target.
- Researchers at Northwestern have discovered a molecular process involved in Parkinson’s disease and a new potential drug treatment.
- Northwestern scientists find that a molecular pathway linked to testosterone explains the very different incidence rates of multiple sclerosis in men and women.