By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- The Olympic Winter Games are experiencing a norovirus outbreak, with 86 confirmed cases in South Korea.
- New study suggests that many more American children than previously estimated may suffer from fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
- Report from the National Center for Health Statistics states that the prevalence of herpes is declining, but the infection is still common among Americans.
- Study suggests that tens of thousands of nursing home residents are receiving antipsychotic drugs solely to sedate them.
- Keep Your Heart Healthy is a student-run program in which Feinberg medical students provide cardiovascular disease risk assessment and counseling to low-income Chicago neighborhoods.
- Northwestern professor was a coauthor on a study involving use of the Safe Childbirth Checklist, developed by the World Health Organization, in India.
- Northwestern professor coauthored a study showing that thrombectomy 6+ hours after stroke can improve patient outcomes.