By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- The World Health Organization announced that measles cases in Europe quadrupled to 21,315 last year.
- British study suggests that night-shift work is associated with an increased risk for Type 2 diabetes.
- A federal advisory panel is recommending a new vaccine against hepatitis B for adults at high risk of infection.
- Federal investigators have announced a new black lung epidemic emerging among coal miners in central Appalachia.
- New study suggests an association between opioid use and an increased risk of invasive pneumococcal disease.
- Northwestern Medicine study finds that patients with advanced kidney cancer had similar quality of life outcomes taking a new drug compared to the standard treatment.
- Northwestern professor designed stretchable electronics that can be worn on the throat in stroke recovery to assess swallowing ability and patterns of speech.
- Northwestern Medicine study shows that a chemotherapy drug successfully suppresses allergic responses to food allergens.