By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- Tuberculosis is making an aggressive comeback in Venezuela, a country with a broken health care system.
- South Sudan has successfully stopped the spread of Guinea worm disease within its borders.
- A stem cell therapy helped two patients in the UK regain vision following age-related macular degeneration.
- Federal health officials announced that 40% of American adults were obese in 2015 and 2016, with the rates of severe obesity rising.
- Northwestern researchers examined how media such as the Netflix show “13 Reasons Why” can promote teen and parent conversations about bullying, suicide, and mental health around the world.
- Northwestern scientists helped demonstrate that artificial intelligence software can predict the survival of patients diagnosed with glioma.
- Northwestern Medicine scientists are applying precision medicine to rheumatoid arthritis by using genetic profiling of joint tissue.