By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- The world’s largest known listeria outbreak, which has been spreading across South Africa, has been linked to bologna.
- Longitudinal study in Sweden finds that physical fitness in midlife is associated with a decreased risk of dementia for women.
- British health officials have reported the first gonorrhea case worldwide that is resistant to the two main drugs used to treat it.
- The Mayo Clinic is using technology through a program called OB Nest to reduce doctor visits for women with low-risk pregnancies.
- Northwestern Medicine professor co-authored a study which surprisingly found that obesity was associated with improved outcomes in male melanoma patients.