By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- New study suggests an association between history of traumatic brain injury, even just mild concussions, and an increased risk for Parkinson’s disease.
- More than 200 million eggs have been recalled over salmonella fears after 22 reported infections in the United States.
- The E. coli outbreak from romaine lettuce is continuing, with 53 illnesses across 16 states.
- New research shows that combining an immunotherapy drug with chemotherapy can extend survival time in the most common type of lung cancer.
- Northwestern pediatrics professor debunks five myths about food allergies.
- Northwestern Medicine study shows that assessment of a patient’s overall heart disease and stroke risk when determining blood pressure treatment prevents more heart attacks and strokes than traditional guidelines.
- Northwestern resident coauthored a study showing that women who have had a heart attack are twice as likely to experience stress-induced ischemia than men.