By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- Central Australia is experiencing an outbreak of HTLV-1, an ancient disease related to HIV that can cause lymphoma and leukemia.
- The Democratic Republic of Congo has declared a new Ebola outbreak, after 17 people died from hemorrhagic fever.
- Large British study suggests an association between the use of antibiotics and an increased risk of kidney stones.
- The FDA announced that there is a shortage of EpiPens, the emergency allergy medication, impacting the United States.
- The E. coli outbreak is continuing to spread, with a total of 149 illnesses since the outbreak began in March.
- Northwestern Medicine study finds that inhibiting an enzyme stopped the growth of glioblastoma, a brain cancer, in flies.