By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- The World Health Organization announced that Congo’s Ebola outbreak has spread to Mbandaka, a densely populated city.
- The World Health Organization announced a plan to eliminate trans fats worldwide by the year 2023.
- The salmonella outbreak which caused a recall of over 200 million eggs has now made a total of 35 people sick.
- A report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that the United States birth rate is the lowest it has been in 30 years.
- The FDA has approved the first drug intended to prevent migraines.
- Northwestern Medicine professor demonstrated that a new compound can prevent the spread of cancer cells.