By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- The World Health Organization, for the first time, published a list of 113 diagnostic tests considered essential to any healthcare system
- Study suggests that closing power plants is associated with a reduction in premature births in surrounding areas.
- The Federal Reserve report shows that 20% of Americans personally know someone who has been addicted to opioids or other prescription painkillers.
- Northwestern Medicine scientists identified a cellular mechanism involving early synaptic dysfunction which leads to neurodegeneration in Parkinson’s Disease.
- Northwestern professor co-authored a study about mosaic genetic variations and their role in higher risk of epilepsy within some families.