By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- The American Cancer Society now recommends colorectal cancer screening starting at age 45, rather than age 50.
- President Trump signed a bill that allows terminally ill patients to try experimental drugs that the FDA has not approved yet.
- A total of five people have died from the E. coli outbreak tied to romaine lettuce.
- Northwestern Medicine scientists have discovered the cell type that causes early lung transplant failure.
- Northwestern scientists have discovered new mechanisms by which nicotine manipulates the brain’s reward pathways.