By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- The World Health Organization announced that the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo is “largely contained” at this point.
- According to the World Health Organization, Paraguay has eliminated malaria, a blood disease spread by mosquitoes.
- Analysis of a 2015 risk behavior survey by the CDC indicated that up to 30% of teenage girls had deliberately harmed themselves in the year prior to the survey.
- Northwestern physical therapy and engineering students were featured for modifying motorized cars for children with disabilities.
- Northwestern findings suggest that erectile dysfunction may be a potential cardiovascular risk factor.
- Northwestern researchers developed a free mobile app, FoodSwitch, to promote healthier food alternatives.
- Northwestern clinical trial shows that an existing drug delays metastasis and death in men with aggressive prostate cancer.