By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- Longitudinal study in Canada suggests that women, but not men, who work 45 hours per week or more may have an increased risk of diabetes.
- McDonald’s has removed salads from 3,000 restaurants in the Midwest after more than 100 people have been infected by an intestinal parasite in Iowa and Illinois.
- The FDA has approved the first drug intended to treat smallpox, in case the virus is used as a terrorist bioweapon.
- The CDC is warning people not to eat Kellogg’s Honey Smacks cereal due to the outbreak of salmonella infections now affecting over 100 people in 33 states.
- Northwestern Medicine study demonstrates that coffee consumption is associated with a lower risk of death across different intake levels, coffee types, and caffeine metabolism levels.
- Lurie Children’s Hospital researchers show that young adults who had parents incarcerated during childhood have more unhealthy behaviors.