By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- China is experiencing a vaccine scandal after hundreds of thousands of vaccines against rabies and diphtheria/tetanus provided for Chinese children were found to be faulty.
- New Zealand recently passed a law which provides domestic violence victims 10 days of paid leave to improve their living situations.
- The World Health Organization announced that the Ebola outbreak that began in the Democratic Republic of Congo in April is officially over.
- Mondelez International has recalled several products containing whey powder, including Ritz cracker products, due to a potential salmonella risk.
- Northwestern professor coauthored a study suggesting that rapid fluid administration to children suffering from complications related to diabetic ketoacidosis does not increase the risk of brain injury, which contradicts the current standard of care.