By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- New study suggests that people who experience dizziness on standing are at an increased risk for dementia and stroke.
- A federal appeals court has ordered the Environmental Protection Agency to ban chlorpyrifos, a pesticide that has been shown to cause brain development issues in children.
- The CDC reported that the number of women in the United States that gave birth while addicted to opioids quadrupled over the last 15 years.
- Large national study led by a Northwestern Medicine investigator shows that induced labor reduces the need for cesarean birth.
- Northwestern researchers studying non-human primate gut microbiomes find that evolutionary relationships are much more important than diet in shaping the gut microbiome.
- Northwestern professor co-authored a study demonstrating that pediatric patients with sepsis who completed a series of treatments within an hour of recognition had better outcomes than those treated over a longer time frame.