By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- The rate of sudden cardiac death is twice as high in African Americans compared to caucasians.
- Europe’s drug regulatory agency has approved a new treatment for sleeping sickness, an illness caused by parasites transmitted by tsetse flies.
- Facebook is still using artificial intelligence to predict suicide risk and has generated 3,500 reports in the last year.
- The Department of Health and Human Services released the second edition of the physical activity guidelines for Americans.
- The FDA proposed a ban on menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars.
- A norovirus outbreak was reported at an evacuation center for California fire survivors.
- Northwestern Medicine study finds that people with a higher sensitivity to bitter caffeine taste drink more coffee.