By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- The World Health Organization announced that the fight against malaria has reached a standstill with approximately 400,000 deaths each year.
- The CDC warned that all romaine lettuce is unsafe to eat due to a multi-state E. coli outbreak with 32 confirmed cases.
- A new oral immunotherapy regimen shows lifesaving potential for children with severe peanut allergies.
- A private school in North Carolina is experiencing the largest chickenpox outbreak in the state since the vaccine became available.
- Northwestern Medicine study finds the cell type that controls the release of nitric oxide in the inner retina.