By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- New report shows that HIV rates in Eastern Europe are growing at an alarming rate due to lack of prevention.
- The FDA and CDC reported that it is safe to eat romaine lettuce again, unless it was grown in central or northern California.
- The CDC reported that drug overdoses killed over 70,000 Americans in 2017, a record year.
- The CDC reported that life expectancy in the United States has decreased for the second time in three years.
- Northwestern Medicine study shows that adults who develop high blood pressure before the age of 40 are at an increased risk for heart disease and stroke.