By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- Longitudinal study on 657,461 children in Denmark reports that children who received the MMR vaccine were less likely to develop autism than children who were not vaccinated.
- The 2019 edition of the Bloomberg Healthiest Country Index ranked Spain as the world’s healthiest country over Italy.
- Korean study finds that exposure to secondhand smoke increases the risk for chronic kidney disease.
- There have been over 200 confirmed cases of measles in the United States in the last few months.
- Eli Lilly plans to sell a half-price version of its insulin, but many still think it is far too expensive.
- Data from the CDC show that deaths from alcohol, drugs, and suicide hit a record high in 2017.
- Northwestern University researchers have developed wireless sensors that can monitor babies in neonatal intensive care units.