By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- Study conducted in Iran shows that people who drink very hot tea are at an increased risk of esophageal cancer.
- Drinking sugary drinks is associated with a 7 percent increased risk for early death.
- The Environmental Working Group reported that pesticide residue was found on 70% of fresh produce sold in the United States.
- The FDA has approved the first drug for postpartum depression, which affects about one in nine women.
- New guidelines released by the American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association no longer recommend daily low-dose aspirin for healthy adults.