By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- Yemen is experiencing a cholera outbreak, with 76,152 new cases in March alone.
- Large study of 195 countries finds that unhealthy diets are associated with 1 in 5 deaths worldwide.
- New study finds that donated organs from people with hepatitis C can be safely transplanted.
- Northwestern Medicine study finds that just one hour each week of brisk walking can help prevent disability in older adults with osteoarthritis.
- Northwestern professor co-authors a study showing that a drug intended for stroke recovery also slows the production of harmful proteins in mouse models of Alzheimer’s disease.