By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- In the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Ebola virus has reached Goma, and the World Health Organization announced the outbreak as a public health emergency.
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo is also experiencing a measles outbreak, with over 100,000 cases since January.
- The CDC reported that the number of overdose deaths in the United States decreased last year for the first time since 1990.
- Allergan is recalling a specific textured breast implant after the FDA found that they may increase risk of a rare type of cancer.
- Northwestern Medicine scientists develop a tool to predict which patients with pre-osteoarthritis are at risk of future disability.