By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- Two drugs have been shown to reduce the death rate of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, making it a curable disease.
- Public health officials announced the first death linked to vaping, which happened in Illinois.
- The U.S. surgeon general warned that no amount of marijuana is safe for teens, young adults, or pregnant women.
- State and federal health officials warn against vaping in response to lung illnesses across the country.
- Northwestern Medicine study shows that total deaths from cardiometabolic disease are increasing.