By Grace Bellinger – Blog Editor
- Chinese researchers find that high blood pressure during pregnancy increases the risk of childhood obesity.
- Scottish study finds that having older siblings puts infants at an increased risk of being hospitalized with the flu.
- The CDC reported that the incidence of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis is increasing, with an estimated 110 million sexually transmitted infections in the U.S. at any given time.
- Yale researchers calculated the cost of the over 600,000 injuries per year resulting from contact sports.
- Health officials encourage everyone to get a flu shot, after Australia was hit hard by flu season.
- Northwestern professor designed the free Chicago South Side Trauma First Responders Course to teach community members how to provide first aid to trauma victims.