By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- New study suggests that Australia is on track to be the first country to eliminate cervical cancer through national vaccination and screening programs.
- Results of a randomized trial suggest that women who drink more water get fewer urinary tract infections.
- The World Health Organization warned that Ebola is likely to spread from the Democratic Republic of Congo to Uganda.
- The CDC announced that approximately 80,000 people in the United States died of the flu last winter, making it the deadliest flu season since 1976.
- 6.5 million pounds of beef have been recalled due to a salmonella outbreak that has caused 14 people to be hospitalized.
- Northwestern Medicine report warns against treating e-cigarettes like cigarettes for the purposes of research and policy.
- Northwestern Medicine clinical study shows that a novel chemotherapy regimen improved overall survival in older patients with Hodgkin lymphoma.