By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Blog Editor
- New study suggests that Australia is on track to be the first country to eliminate cervical cancer through national vaccination and screening programs.
- Results of a randomized trial suggest that women who drink more water get fewer urinary tract infections.
- The World Health Organization warned that Ebola is likely to spread from the Democratic Republic of Congo to Uganda.
- The CDC announced that approximately 80,000 people in the United States died of the flu last winter, making it the deadliest flu season since 1976.
- 6.5 million pounds of beef have been recalled due to a salmonella outbreak that has caused 14 people to be hospitalized.