By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- Large literature review finds that vitamin D supplements do not help prevent fractures, increase bone mineral density, or prevent falls.
- An international team of doctors and scientists reported that the rate of C-sections is increasing at an alarming rate, having tripled since 1990.
- Observational study over 22 years suggests that obesity is associated with an increased risk for colorectal cancer in younger women.
- Northwestern University scientists have developed soft materials that assemble and disassemble like living tissue.
- Northwestern Medicine study finds that a common drug for type 2 diabetes decreases the risk of heart attacks and strokes caused by air pollution.
- Northwestern physician co-authors a Phase II trial showing that an oral therapy significantly reduced the rate of brain tissue loss in patients with progressive multiple sclerosis.