Public Health in the News (10/14/18 – 10/20/18)
By Grace Bellinger, NPHR Editor-in-Chief
- Australian study shows that pills used to treat HIV infection can also prevent infection if taken every day, which would slow the spread of HIV.
- The CDC has confirmed 62 cases of a rare polio-like neurological condition so far this year in the United States.
- The CDC reported that U.S. fertility rates declined over the past decade and first-time mothers are becoming older.
- Ninety-two people across 29 states have been sickened in a salmonella outbreak linked to raw chicken.
- Northwestern professor co-authored a study suggesting that a prostate cancer drug can slow cancer progression while still maintaining quality of life.
Leave a Reply